Saturday, May 2, 2015

Resting - Self Care Saturday


Today I allowed myself to sleep late, laze about and recharge. Lately I've been driving so much the car feels like an extension of my body. Last Saturday I vowed I would not get in my car and I did not. What a great feeling that was! This week I decided that I would do that again. 

So this Self Care Saturday is all about not pushing, not forcing, not allowing the voices of doubt tell me that I should be doing something when I knew full well that I needed to rest. 

Tomorrow I will drive. I will push. I will rise to the occasion. Today…today is for me. 


4 comments:

  1. It's nice to just take a day off, and enjoy home. Have a wonderful Sunday. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, enjoying being home is something I appreciate more and more. You have created such a lovely home. I can imagine nestling in and not venturing forth for days at a time….

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynda:

    I love the Self-Care Saturday theme! What an inspiration to think of you staying away from your car and taking time just for you.

    Cheers,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I decided self care is is an important part of why I blog. Believe me, giving my car a rest was a struggle. So many things I want to do. So many things I need to do. In the end, I knew in my heart that what I needed was sleep and the snail's pace. I was sorry to find that meant not doing other things. Staying in the moment is hard sometimes, but I'm learning to listen and step back.

      Delete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.