Sunday, September 6, 2015

Paint on My Fingers Again!

See the paint on my fingers? It was great to see it there and even more thrilling to see the design of the stencil printed on my fingers. 

It's been a busy month for so many reasons, not the least of which is preparation and the beginning of a new school year in tandem with taking a 5 week course for Professional Development. 

After submitting my last assignment today I decided to fling some paint around in my art journal. Remember that journal? 


Not my usual color scheme, but this page started when I spread excess paint on it from another project some time ago. I don't even remember what project that would have been, but it's fun to go with it and see what happens.


Here in New England we are starting to see trees changing colors. The serious business of fall foliage season is still a ways off, but we are heading towards Autumn in small increments. This color scheme reflects that, despite my resistance. 



I included this picture to show where I used a mesh vegetable bag and some spray color. It created a really subtle mesh pattern. I wanted something more. You can see lines created by the stitched end of the mesh bag dipped in paint. (below) I am looking forward to seeing where this piece takes me. 






6 comments:

  1. I just love dirty-hand photos -- they mean art is happening! And these colors are fabulous, Linda. So brilliant! We'll have fall here soon enough here in Michigan so I'm still trying to hang onto summer. But oh, if it is as lovely as this, I won't mind TOO much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I like my dirty hand photos more than I like the artwork, I must admit. They are so fun.

      Now that I have enticed you with Fall foliage colors we are having a heat streak. It was 90 today and already a school nearby is calling a half a day tomorrow in anticipation of more steamy weather. So Fall will have to wait, but regardless, it isn't far off.

      Hoping your seasonal change is gentler than it is here.

      Delete
  2. My hands usually look like yours! It isn't a good day unless I get my hands in paint. I like the autumn colors you used and can only wish that autumn was just around the corner for me but we still have temps in the 90's so I'll have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, my hands are often covered in paint. I make a lot of trips to the sink! Funny, after I posted this our temps have been up in the 90s. Even so I do see patches of color in the trees - a reminder that Autumn will be showing up soon. Hope your weather turns comfortable.

      Delete
  3. Paint on your fingers is a great day! Lovely autumn colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginger! Yesterday I started to see more color in the trees.

      Delete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.