Monday, September 28, 2015

Transformation

Transformation - it's everywhere. 
Especially in this season. 

I attended a art journaling hangout on Google with Amy Maricle a few months ago. She has some really helpful things on her website, so make sure you go and check it out. 

Today looking through a spread I did during that time I decided to take my pens out and start the transformation process. 


Here's the page I decided to transform. 



First I switched directions and turned the journal on it's side. The circles definitely looked like roses to me, so roses they became. I added tendrils and leaves. 

After a few layers I added some words.




Viola! It is transformed. 

The really nifty thing about it is this: 


I am transformed as well. 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Linda. And very free, which is always a challenge for me. I love the thought "hanging onto rose memories."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie, thank you for pointing out to me something I missed. The freedom. You are right. I did feel freedom while playing. Frankly, I was completely reenergized when I finished it.

      I do so miss the flowers when they hibernate. I usually take a trip to see the roses in Elizabeth Park as they are just stunning. This year I didn't make it. So I guess I am holding on to rose memories even more tightly this year.

      Delete
  2. So happy and spontaneous....beautiful roses and tendrils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dianne. Your comment about the tendrils made me happy! I especially enjoyed drawing them.

      Delete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.