Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Back to School


I've spent a good chunk of my summer at school cleaning up, rearranging and getting the library ready for another year. Each summer I take on a big job. The library is starting to look like the vision I had for it. 

So now I need some signage. Professionally created signage is optimal, but I'd rather spend our dollars on books. So I decided to make my own using the skills I've collected by art journaling. Actually, they are pretty simple, but I think they are cheerful. 


I hope to get some more made before school starts. I know I'm going to enjoy seeing them each day. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Nicole! I'm glad you like them. I put them in plexiglass frames and placed them in their spots. They make that corner look so cheerful. I love walking by it. Now I need to get busy for some other sections.

    Signs are surely important, but I do cut corners every opportunity I have so that I can put more books in the hands of kids who want to read them. It makes me proud to use those skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO colorful, and I like that background you made. It's also quite artistic and shows how much you have taken from your art journal pages. I'm sure the children will like the signage, too! And why pay money to have someone else do what you did so beautifully? It's a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun putting on layers and making it look festive. It is fun to be able to use my art journaling skills to something in my job.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynda - thought I would reply here to your comments on my blog. The white sharpie PAINT pen is what you want to get - I use the waterbased one. If you click on the photo of the pen on my blog you'll get better detail of it. It doesn't show up that well over light colours, but brilliant over dark and because it's a paint pen I haven't found a surface it doesn't work on :-) Have fun exploring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynette, thanks for the info about the sharpie paint pens. I am on prowl for some to try. It will be another fun thing to explore.

      Delete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.