Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sand instead of Stamping and Printing this Sunday

Sundays is the day I've been posting my stamping and printing lately. Today I threw it all over and went to the beach. I certainly left my mark there, however. 




We made flower and sea drift mandalas on the beach. Inspired by photos I've seen of the mandalas others have made, I decided to give it a go. The process unfolded naturally, the tiny cherry blossoms were laying on the sidewalk just begging to be included. Each layer was lovely to behold, but more items beaconed. The final row of shells seemed just right.

It's funny how the creative process is like a road that leads itself. If only I could step out of my own way more often.


This week my creative focus has been on photography. It's natural to happen while taking a class. I'll leave you with one more double exposure from the beach. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Nicole! I'm glad you stopped by and glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Mandala - I LOVE the beach. It's my place to re-charge. Thanks so much for the lovely comments on my blog. Hope you are having another fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my flower mandala. I had never tried it before, but have a feeling that it will be the theme of my summer this year. I felt under the weather today, but plan to revisit the beach tomorrow.

      I love visiting your blog. The art plus the backstory on the process makes it a double inspiration.

      Delete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.