Friday, April 10, 2015

Fashion Friday



In an earlier post I mentioned that I thought I had found my medium. It is true. When I started trying art journaling I thought I might need more than one journal as you can only work so much before you need to let it dry. Sometimes that is as much an esthetic issue as it is one of moisture. 

I started thinking of the different journals I might have going simultaneously. At one point I easily counted 10 different journals, each with it's unique focus. One of them was a fashion journal. Anyone who know me might snicker a little reading that. I tend to dress very simply these days. That was not always the case. My recent lack of focus on my apparel has more to do with what I am focusing on rather than a distain for spending time to choose the right thing. 

For a while I have felt that a scrap book (now turned journal) with styles I like would help me to refine my own sensibilities and help me to be more focused when shopping. If nothing more, it would bring me joy to look at pieces that look lovely to me. 

And so the fashion journal is born. I don't know that I'll post every Friday, but here's my post for today. It was really fun to do this, so I may continue simply because it made me smile. 

Hope your weekend is a happy one. 

How do you select clothing? Do you have a clothing policy? A strategy? A particular style? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.