Thursday, December 11, 2014

Adding Watercolor Pencil


Today I added watercolor pencil to my journal page. I doubt I'll be sharing the step by step process for all my entries, but I am very excited to be starting art journaling. It is something I've wanted to try for a long time. 

After giving it a start I wonder why I have waited so long to get started. Of course I know, the first steps are often the hardest. You don't really know what it entails until you get started. New things are notoriously more difficult than you imagine they will be. 

Adding marks on top of my paint with the watercolor pencil felt both freeing and wrong at the same time. I felt a little like I was participating in graffiti. After crosshatching along the elements I used a cotton swab to add the water and mix the pencil into paint. I think the effect worked very nicely….much better than I had imagined. 

Not at all sure what will come next, but I've been thinking that for the past two days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.