Monday, April 2, 2012

No Rhyme Like the Present



Today was a great day of poetry with my students. We worked on our rhyming skills. The competition in our 3 minute rhyming rounds was intense. We all enjoyed the rhyming bean bag game I came up with. 


To hold myself accountable, I told them that I planned to write a poem every day. Today I wrote two - one to share with them and one just for the blog. 


Students bent over their work
like fiddleheads' tight curls
when the bell rings
"pop" they spring
I watch as new growth unfurls. 




I played with a format I learned during Kat Apel's Month of Poetry in January. 


Bloodshot eyes
can't help but cry
Hay fever.



1 comment:

  1. Nicely done.

    I will spend my month appreciating- and revisiting poetry. I think I've written a poem for every day of the year, thus farm, so I think the time has come to edit... and submit!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.