Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Artist Bios - Getting Started

I need to write an artist bio. Share a little secret with you - I’m finding it challenging. Why? I am finding it hard to categorize what I create. 

So instead of trying to tell you how to write a bio, here are a couple of sources that have good solid information. 

What We Learned from Writing 7,000 Artist Bios


How to Write a Good & Effective Artist Biography


If you have read them you may have some of the same reactions that I had. Seems like a straight forward writing project, doesn’t it? Then you start to actually write the bio and, well, it takes a bit more thinking to accomplish. 

The sticking point? Describing the art. What are the themes I deal with? What big topics does my art address? Not only that, but I was ready to fall into the pit of saying my work “deals with the human condition.” Oh no!

So what to do? 


I’ll share with you my process. 


Hope this is helpful and you are on your way to writing that pesky artist bio. 

Still have questions? Want to share your ideas? I'm listening. Thanks for joining me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.