Sunday, March 29, 2015

Stamp and Print Sunday


Join me in my Stamp and Printing Sunday.


I read about making stamps using the plastic trays used for packing food in the grocery store. I bought a tray of precut mixed vegetables that was just right for a dish I was making. So I experimented with making stamps. I love the layers of color on them after use. 


Some years ago I participate in a night of community art at the RISD Museum in Providence, RI. Participants carved stamps and contributed to a group mural. After a day of snow I longed for spring. The outcome was a cherry blossom stamp. I used it in a subtractive way on these prints. 


I actually love the one on the far left….it's not clear, but I love the feeling. I wonder how it will look after an encounter with some markers….


I had thought I was going to stick with pink today, but I lost to aqua and green. I love these prints. 



Here's the stamp again. The first pull is on the right and the second is left. It's crazy how I often like the ghost pulls better than the original. Either way I feel the start of something wonderful. 


These are both prints that I have posted before. This time they have a third layer of paint! I love them both. The one on the left took my breath away! I had no idea it was going to look this way.  


I close with a glimpse of my excess paint blotter. Just can't wait to see where this takes me. 



Hope your week is full of surprise inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.