Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Love Letter to My Windows - My Happy List Tuesday



Being thankful for the every day things in my life is a practice I want to be more adept at doing, or should I say being?

This week I want to give a shout out to my windows. 

These windows are such a blessing. They bring the outside in and have been such a joy to look out in every season. The snow falling, the trees in bud, the blue summer sky, the colors of autumn - I experience all of these more fully because of the marvel of these windows. Birds fly by and stop to perch in the trees outside. During some seasons the birds feast on fermented berries of the cherry tree and then fly, drunken, into them. The wind moves things, the trees, scattering leaves and, sometimes, the birds themselves. 

But most of all it's the light that I revel in. The light that streams through them illuminating my world. Window sills seem a wonderful place to store glass. The light traveling through sends rays of lightness into the room. The reflections of cut glass dance merrily on the wall at certain times of day. You can't take these things for granted, but receive them as gifts when they come. I know they sometimes come when I am not there to receive them. Sometimes I unable to humor them. Mostly, though, I see them as reminders to accept joy and be aware of the moments of beauty. 

I am spoilt by these windows and their beauty. How I will ever bear to live anywhere else? For this season, these windows are my joy. I intend to soak in their light and the life they bring with them.  




For more My Happy List Tuesday posts click the icon below.


 photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg

4 comments:

  1. It is so nice to see light streaming through windows, especially considering the amount of rain that we've had!

    Thanks for linking-up!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you came by and enjoyed the light from my windows.

      Thanks for inspiring these Tuesday Happy Lists.

      Delete
  2. Love light from windows. Love your button jar!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My button jar is one of my prized possessions. I love to take them out from time to time to marvel over the intricacy of the designs. Most of them are quite old.

      Delete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.