Sunday, July 29, 2012

Color Deficiency


One of the things I have found out about myself through the Chakra Photo Workshop is that I have color deficiency. I already know that a substantial deficiency in Vitamin D makes it important for me to take vitamin supplements. It seems I need an inoculation of red, orange and yellow in my life. 


I have a preference for pink and purple. Some might call it an obsession. I like shabby chic, white washed, floral romantic visuals. The necessity of photographing something red or something orange in successive weeks has been a real challenge. I don't have much of that around me. I used carrots for photos in the week that also required red. I didn't really feel that I wanted to become a carrot portrait taker. 




I began to wonder if my lack of other colors in my domain has been effecting me negatively. After deciding to introduce more color, I looked around. Finally I came to the conclusion that I like me just the way I am. 


At which point Treasured Teen said "Yeah, I like me without eating vegetables, just the way I am. Is it ok if I don't eat them?" As we were in a craft shop, red beads were pressed into my palm and I was instructed to balance myself. It will be fun to see what becomes of me. I fully expect to become more colorful. Just hope I like it. 





1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed this post. I'm curious as to whether you have incorporated more vibrant colors into your life to shake things up or not. You are such a bright and happy person! When I think of you, I see super sparkling bright colors, so I just assume that you surround yourself with them too! This post really surprised me, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.