Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Optimist or Idiot?


I've neglected my blog, I know, but I am glad to be back at my computer and posting. Frankly, I can't really manage a post on my phone or iPad. Photos get posted to Instagram and then I move on to the next project. So my strategy going forward to is prioritize getting to my desk. 


The struggle to find time for it all is real and yet I remain confident that connection is worth the effort. Prioritizing projects, deciding which things to participate in and which to pass on is hard. After months of thinking about it I finally decided to commit to doing Life Book 2016. The desire to take part is a given, but time...there is always time. I have yet to start my December painting for the Spirit Wings Angel Painting class. There are three more to come. So starting a yearlong project, am I an optimist or an idiot? Can I keep up? The months to come will tell the truth, but I am glad I choose to say "Yes" to this thing I want to do. I'm doing it for me. 


I am a caregiver. I think of the needs of others in so many of my roles. If you are reading this you probably do too, It has been a long time since I started putting the needs of others first. That's ok as long as I put my needs somewhere in the calendar. I'm learning this and it is a struggle. So I am glad I joined this groups as well as the others I enjoy. Life Book 2016, Spirit Wings Angel Painting, CarveDecember, Art Journal Every Day, Mad Tea Party - all these events and the people who host them have made my life more exciting. Thank you all. 


So I may be an idiot, but I hope I will be a happy one following dreams that bring joy and holding the things I cherish dear. If that makes me an idiot, I embrace it. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are putting your needs up front and center (for a change, maybe?!) I've been in the caregiving role and the one thing I can say with great certainty is that we give better care when we care for ourselves as well. By that I mean all the logical things like decent rest and nutrition but also managing the stress. We all do that in different ways but creating is definitely one of them. So, too, is being part of community, whether it is a face-to-face community or a blogger-to-blogger community. Reading these words makes me smile for I know you will be caring for Lynda. And that will be the best gift you can give those on the receiving end of your care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jeanie, your words are so sweet. Thank you for taking the time to write such a meaningful comment. It shows me that you see me. I feel connected in a powerful way when I read the words that express just what I would say - to someone else!

      I have not been good at taking good care of myself, but I am learning how to juggle. Thanks for being part of that.

      Delete
  2. So happy you read my blogpost and left me such a lovely comment. I am sure you will love Life Book - just don't get hung up on doing EVERY lesson - last year I watched everything, but only did the ones that really spoke to me, and now I am excited to get stuck into 2016, knowing last year's content is still available if I want to go back. Have a wonderfully creative year - hope to see more of your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the loveliness and the advice on doing Life Book for the first time. I have yet to start my December painting for my Spirit Wings Angel Painting class, so I will be playing catch up for a while. It's all good might have to be my motto this year. Or Breathe. Goodness, once you start thinking of words you can't stop, can you?

      I am looking forward to visiting more.

      Delete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.