Sunday, November 30, 2014

Giving Way to Thankfulness


Last week I was invited by a dear artist friend to participate in Flood the Streets With Art. FSWA is the brainchild of Scott Wong. The grassroots art event challenges artists all over the world to counteract the Black Friday Madness by giving away a piece of their art - Free. And to whomever finds it.  
https://www.facebook.com/events/649474495168252/

It fits in very nicely with the sort of thing that I love over at Kind Over Matter.

To tell the truth, I've not been creating much lately. I've been a bit overwhelmed and under-creative. I was kind of in an art slump. The invitation revitalized me, however, and though it was just a small thing I completed a broach that I hope someone is enjoying right now. I hope it is just the right sort of person. I'm tempted to go back to the grocery store where I left it to see if it is still there. 

I am so thankful that this opportunity came my way. It shook me out of my stupor and got me moving. Giving away things always makes me feel grateful. What a wonderful way to experience Thanksgiving. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a very cool idea and I wish I'd heard about it sooner. Hope I remember for next year

    Cathy K

    ReplyDelete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.