Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Changing Seasons


Changing Seasons. Bend to the season or be bent by it. 

The seasons are changing. Simple statement. So much truth to it. 

Our days are going from dreadfully hot last week to delightfully pleasant this week. I see more random spots of colorful autumn leaves. Not a lot, but enough to remind me that summer is near it's end. 

The weather is hardly all that is changing here. What's that they say? "Nothing is so constant as change." 

I have always been a fan of Gandhi's quote "Be the change you want to see in the world." I love the empowering feeling that this lonely person can make a difference. Tonight as I think about it I realize that you can also read that as an admonition to choose the kind of change you prefer. I think Gandhi meant the former, but that doesn't mean the latter isn't true. As they say "Choose your poison" "Choose your change" resonates. Life changes regardless. You might as well be in charge of the change you go through. 


4 comments:

  1. I am loving your bright and happy colors. A reminder that autumn is on the way -- but not too much yet! Here in Michigan, especially in the north, I am seeing bits and pieces of what is to come. It's always lovely, but I'm not yet ready to say goodbye to summer! Kicking and dragging -- I suspect that's where you'll find me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie. My colors were kind of dark at one point and I just wasn't going there!! So I added some light and bright to make it feel like it could be mine.

      Delete
  2. Linda, thanks for all your recent comments on my blog. It's always nice to "meet" new people. I love the bright colors you've used in this journal spread. Change is always happening around here. But weather isn't one of them...still much too hot for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Janet. It's a pleasure to visit your blog - so much to enjoy! Looking forward to seeing what you are up to next.

      Delete

Your input makes this journey richer. Your words magically turn a monologue into a conversation. You are appreciated. Thank you for being here.